Terms & Conditions
- Applications are accepted January 10, 2017 through February 10, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- A panel of judges will jury the entries. Selection criteria may include, but may not be limited to: quality/merit of work, diversity, medium of work. Artists will be notified by February 17, 2017.
- Final acceptance for inclusion in the exhibition will be subject to review and approval of the completed submitted art work. Exhibition/display dates cannot be given or transferred to another person or organization. Exhibits cannot be changed after being installed without the permission of the CAC Visual Arts Commissioner or CAC Chair and the CAC Contract Arts Administrator.
- Selected artwork must be available to remain in the gallery for the full duration of the exhibit. No substitution, exchange, modification or withdrawal of works is permitted after acceptance for exhibition.
- Local artists, as defined by the Cultural Arts Commission, 18 years of age or older, or visual art groups representing Local artists may apply. A local artist is defined as one who 1) lives in Coronado; 2) works a minimum of 20 hours per week in Coronado or 3) owns property in Coronado.
- Eligible works include paintings, drawings, photography, mixed media, tapestry/wall hangings, hand crafted jewelry, ceramics/pottery, original textiles. Others to be considered as presented.
- The artists must be 18 years of age and local.
- All artwork must be original and the work of the registered applicant. May not be an alteration of another’s work or assembled from a kit.
- The artist must submit an application, non-refundable application fee of $35 and a minimum 5 (but no more than 10) jpegs of pieces of work that are representative of items to be displayed in the exhibition.
- The artist must provide accurate information for each artwork exhibited listing: title, media, year, artist name, price or NFS (Not for Sale), phone number, email, and website, if applicable.
- The artist is integral in the installation of art in the display case. Artist is responsible for the delivery and pickup of their artwork as well as assisting in the installation in the C3 Gallery at agreed upon date and time.
- All two-dimensional artwork must be framed or mounted and ready to hang with current gallery hanging system. All works must have the artist’s name, title and medium affixed to the back of every work entered in the exhibit. Three dimensional work that require stands or holders must be provided by the artist and labeled as such.
- The artist must publicize and promote the exhibit and if they choose, host an opening reception that may include their clients, contacts, public and the media.
- The artist shall complete the City of Coronado Waiver of Indemnity and Liability releasing the City of any liability from artwork damage, loss or theft.
- Items for sale are encouraged, however, artist may choose to have art for “display only”.
- All sales are to be run by the artist and the artist shall be solely responsible for the financial transactions of the sale and shall pay all applicable taxes.
- All artists selling their work shall provide a California Seller’s Permit number on the application form.
- At the end of the exhibition the artist shall pay the City of Coronado a 20% of artwork sold from exhibition fee which shall offset the costs associated with the C3 Gallery.
- All artwork to remain in cases until end of exhibit and, if sold, signage will be altered when sold.
- Opening receptions are held for every exhibition opening.
- Receptions are open to the public and free of charge.
- CAC will also host a reception in the venue at the Coronado Community Center Nautilus room and/or adjacent patio.
- Reception room will be provided by CAC to the exhibiting artists free of charge (City of Coronado in-kind donation) along with table set up, coffee, tea and water provided. Additional food and beverage and entertainment, if desired, to be provided by artist(s).
- The artist is responsible for all other costs associated with the reception.
Promotion and Advertising
Participating artist(s) are required to provide information to include on the CoronadoARTS.com CAC Artist Directory. Local citywide promotion PR to be provided by CAC to local media outlets, CAC website, CAC Arts Partners and social media. Exhibiting artist(s) are strongly encouraged to market to outside outlets, family, friends and client lists to publicize and promote the exhibit and Opening Reception. CAC will provide printed and electronic postcards and/or brochures for the opening reception and ongoing exhibit. Artist is strongly encouraged to disseminate the information by mail, email and social media.
CAC will provide standard gallery callouts for each selected artwork and can include the following information: title, medium, year, artist name, price or NSF, contact information and website.
- The Cultural Arts Commission reserves the right to suspend or cancel any exhibit should conditions warrant such action.
- Please visit www. CoronadoARTS.com for further details and an application form or download the Application (pdf format) by clicking here.
- Application deadline is 5 p.m. on February 10, 2017. No late applications will be accepted. The fee to enter is $35 (nonrefundable)
For additional information please contact:
Contract Arts Administrator
City of Coronado
619.341.0137 (direct cell)
Want to learn more about the Cultural Arts Commission?
Visit our website at CoronadoARTS.com.
Coronado Cultural Arts Commission | 619?522?2633
1825 Strand Way
Coronado, CA 92118
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions